Thursday, December 1, 2011

Performance Capture Sequence

I spent the last couple of days piping the mocap data into Maya. The character isn’t finished yet, but he’s getting there.


I’m still learning MotionBuilder (doubt I will ever stop “learning”) so he took a while to rig and skin. I won’t be capturing face and hands until next semester either.

To animate the fingers, I set driven keys to animate the hands by hand (no pun intended). You have 30 joints in your fingers. My brain went numb during the process.

The rest of the week will be spent on fluid dynamics. I’ve been researching different methods of making flying globs of paint and will probably use particle goals.